School Mission • Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow
The mission of C.W. Ruckel Middle School is to empower students to excel as contributing members
of society by guaranteeing a quality educational foundation.
We place our emphasis on:
- A safe environment in which students can learn and grow
- Excellence and quality in student learning and achievement
- The core values of honesty, integrity, responsibility, respect, courtesy, cooperation, empathy, and excellence
- The value of every student’s ability to learn
- Parents, teachers, and staff making decisions based on what is in the best interest and welfare
- Vertical/horizontal alignment in all curriculum areas
- Reading strategies used across the core curriculum areas
- Recognizing diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Effective communication between students, educators, parents, administrators, school board members and others in the community
- Effective schools require adequate and equitable funding
- Continuing professional development
- Sunshine State Standards—based curriculum
- The principal who serves as an instructional leader
- Smaller classes to enhance a student’s opportunity to be successful
- Use of technology throughout the curriculum
- School Accountability Reports
6th Grade 2014 Courses | 7th Grade 2014 Courses | 8th Grade 2014 Courses
Class Registration Forms for Ruckel Middle School 2014-15
6th Grade 2014 | 7th Grade 2014 | 8th Grade 2014
High School Courses taken in Middle School -- Questions & Answers
High School MATH Classes in Middle School
Graduation Options for the State of Florida
Zoning Waivers to attend Ruckel Middle School - New!
2013 -2014 Duke TIP Program for 7th Graders
Duke TIP Web Site
The following Ruckel Students qualified for State Recognition in 2013:
Front L-R – Christian Brobeck, Trey Buck, Daniel Bobbitt, Julia Freeman, Eve Glenn,
Mandalay Martin, Allison Keen, Nathan Tabor, Kaitlyn Hall.
Back L-R – Samuel Stahl, Dylan Hammond, Parker Walsh, John Hencinski,
Zachary Verzwyvelt, Ryan Murphey. Not pictured: Meredith Freeman
Julia Freeman, Kaitlyn Hall, and Samuel Stahl were also selected
for Grand Recognition! Congratulations!
Congratulations to the 2013 members of the FCAT 500 Club!
Students achieving a perfect 500 score on last year's Math and/or Reading FCAT
were recognized at the first Pep Rally of the 2013 school year.
* Hi-Res photo file here ~~ *Names here
Congratulations to the Ruckel Middle School 2013 Tech Bowl Team,
Rachel Cathey, Alex Tolbert, and Camille Miles, for winning First Place
in the annual competition in May!
-- Ruckel has won more times than any other middle school!
At the Challenger Center in Tallahassee, 6th Grade Science students
visited the planetarium, watched an IMAX movie on the Hubble telescope,
saw some air pressure experiments, and participated in a mission to the moon.
The mission to the moon was very well designed; the kids all had a great time
with it and learned a lot!