Tuesday, March 5 at 5:30 pm
in the Ruckel Gymnasium
After a short program, future Rams and their parents will get to explore
a variety of our school activities, including clubs and sports,
as well as learn more about course offerings.
Students with last names starting with A-M will move to the Cafeteria
to give you an opportunity to speak with our 6th grade teachers
and see more information on electives.
Students with last names N-Z will stay in the Gym to visit with coaches
and sponsors of our sports and clubs.
After 20 minutes, we will switch the groups.
We look forward to welcoming you as a Ruckel Ram!
Controlled Open Enrollment Info Here
Ruckel students excel. We have a TRADITION of being County Champions in athletics, first in the state in academics, and receiving superior rankings at the national level in the arts. We know our success in academics, athletics, and the arts is a result of the teamwork between students, teachers, coaches, parents and community.
• Earned its 18th consecutive A+ from the state of Florida • is known throughout the state for its rigorous academics and commitment to excellence • more students in advanced courses than any school in the district to include five that are eligible for high school credit • is a CHOICE Technology Institute, the first middle school to achieve this status •most of our students take a course in technology • Two technology courses are eligible for high school credit and industrial certifications • more students recognized by Duke University than any other middle school in our district • highest scores in the district for FCAT Reading and FCAT Writing • met all criteria for high achievement for the Federal Race to the Top • Academic Teams compete strongly in the county • has repeatedly won the Emerald Coast Chapter MathCounts Competitions and our team often participates in the state competition.
• Our band had more students eligible for All-County Band than any school in the county and received Superior ratings in competitions • Our Chorus had more students qualify for All-State Chorus than any other school in our district and earned all superior ratings in every competition • Dozens of placed ribbons in a recent Okaloosa County School District Art Show
See our Athletics Page for our recent achievements
• 2016 district champions in Boys and Girls Weightlifting,
Boys and Girls Tennis, Boys Track, Boys Swimming, Girls Golf,
Girls Cross Country
• 2015 district champions in Boys Swim, Boys and Girls Tennis. Baseball, Softball, and Girls Golf
• 2014 district champions in Boys and Girls Soccer, Boys Track
• 2013 district champions in Girls and Boys Soccer and Swimming, Baseball, Softball, Girls Tennis, Girls Track, and Boys and Girls Golf
Ruckel students learn how science and social studies content connected to the "real world." We know that your child needs more than success on state tests in order to compete in a global world. The high-wage, high demand jobs in your child's future are in fields that require high levels of education in science and math. Being highly literate with these skills are absolutely vital for success. Ruckel includes grade-wide activities such as 6th graders doing coastal water analysis and 8th graders participating in a simulated Challenger Mission to Mars at FSU. Our social studies classes will use census data to understand how government develops budgets. We intend to improve and will continue to intensify our efforts with the RAM program because America depends on our students' technological progress and ability to apply knowledge to new situations.
The caliber of Ruckel Middle School students far exceeds expectations.
Here at Ruckel Middle School, we are dedicated to our students so that they may reach their potential as students and later as adults. We do challenge them academically and do expect them to become responsible, self-directed young people.
You and your child will select the electives for next year. Your child’s four core courses will be selected by his/her teachers. This decision is not solely based on test scores, but on many factors that makes the teacher the best source for course selection.
If you disagree with the teacher’s selection, please request a course waiver form from your child’s teacher or guidance counselor. We will honor your request for change but your child will stay in the course you request for the entire school year. This course waiver form must be attached to the registration form when you return it to your school.
Please remember that we want your child to be in the most demanding classes possible and that middle school is the perfect “nest”
to learn academic behaviors before grade point average (GPA) is important.
Graduation Options for the State of Florida
through 8.This requirement may be waived in writing by the student’s parent requesting that the student enroll in another course OR that the student is participating in physical activities outside the school day which are equal to or in excess of the mandated requirement. If you wish to exempt your child from P.E., please indicate this on the registration form.