Military Family Life Counseling
Military and Family Life Counselor
- The Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC) is available to all students at Ruckel who have a family member who is active duty Military, Reserves or National Guard.
- These services are short-term, non-medical counseling support.
- Services are private and confidential with the exception of child abuse/neglect, domestic abuse and other duty-to-warn situations.
Issues addressed by MFLCs
- School adjustment
- Deployment and separation
- Reunion adjustment
- Sibling and parent-child communication
- Behavioral concerns
- Fear, grief and loss
Lunch Bunch Groups are led by MFLC Tuesday through Friday.
- These groups occur during the student's regular lunch time.
- Groups involve a short educational or skill building activity and free time.
- Students who want to participate in Lunch Bunch groups should sign out on sheet in front of the cafeteria and come to the pavilion outside.
If you are interested in your child participating in programs provided through the MFLC, or have any questions, please contact Kim Mason, MFLC, at 850-417-4261.