Important Upcoming Dates
Please check the Calendar link above for the most current Schedule Information and Event Details.
Band Pre-Camp Schedule and Procedures
Week of July 20-23, 2020
Pep Band Assignments v.1 (7/13/20)
The links below are to the lists for the Maroon and Gold Pep Bands.
1. They do not yet include Percussion or Flags. They will be added later.
2. Drum Majors and Section Leaders should be on both.
3. Siblings should be in the same band.
4. If you find an error or omission (not PC or Flag) please email us.
Maroon Band Roster - - - - - Gold Band Roster
Uniform Fit Day - July 18 has been CANCELLED!
Click on this link to read updated information for how the uniform fittings will be handled for this year.
Updated information on adjustments to the Summer Schedule for the Eagle Pride and other important information is available in the latest edition of Band Notes.
Band Notes Issue #7 - July 9, 2020
Congratuations to the 2020-21 Eagle Pride Student Leadership
20-21 Leadership List (Take 1)
Note: This leadership list is current as of applications submitted. Additional positions may be filled at some future date. Once we are able to meet in person we will have orientation and work days to get things organized. Also: You will see when we announce the Maroon/Gold Bands that many leadership students including Section Leaders and Drum Majors will appear in BOTH bands. This is intentional to assure consitency of operation between the two groups.
Flag Tryout Information
July 13-15 - 9am-Noon - Niceville Gym (possibly outside also)
For this year only returning members will not need to tryout. You do need to confirm with Lisa that you will be accepting your position and get uniform information. Lisa will contact potential leadership about having SOME help at each session. (We must stay within county Guidelines!)
ALL students must complete the Auxiliary Tryout Information Packet that will be available at: 2020 Auxiliary Packet
Congratulations to the 2020-21 Majorettes!
Tessa Adams*, Taylor Bryan, Julia Campbell, Haley Gilbert, Jordan Harper, CeCe Jordan, Karli Marshall*, Danielle Moody, Sydney Neyendorf, Chloe Osborne*, Kylee Saltsman, Jillian Sewell, and Nikki Williams. (*=Leadership)
Audition Results for Fall 2020
(ALL LISTS ARE ALPHABETICAL ORDER!)
Concert Band Brass will meet 1st Period. Concert Band Woodwinds wil meet 2nd Period.
Jazz 1/Big Band meets 3rd Period. Jazz Too! meets 6th period.
Welcome (back) Mr. Matt Tenore as the Assistant Director of Bands!
We welcome Matt back to NHS after a one-year stint as the Director of Bands at Lincoln High School in Tallahassee. For those who know Matt, it will come as no surprise that while at Lincoln he earned straight superior ratings with every major ensemble at LHS (Marching Band, Concert Band(s), and Jazz Band).
Mr. Tenore’ will be heavily involved in the management of the Marching Band, Concert Bands and Chamber Ensembles. His unique level of enthusiasm and his undeniable expertise will make a big mark on the Eagle Pride Band program for years to come.
None of this would have happened without the active endorsement and participation of our Principal Mr. Charlie Marello. In addition, Mr. Marcus Chambers was vital in “pushing the ball across the goal line” and making this entire effort a reality. He and the School Board recognized the size and scope of our program, wanted it to continue at its present breadth, and made sure the funding happened. Please thank them if the opportunity presents itself.
Audition/Tryout Information (revised 5/15/20)
Be sure to refresh your browser to see the latest version of a link. Otherwise you may see a cached copy of the previous version!
Incoming 9th graders (current 8th graders) and Transfer Students: please go to this link and read ALL the information. Specific instructions on how to submit an audition begin at #9.
Link to information for Submitting Incoming 9th Grade and Transfer Student Auditions
Drumline Auditions for 2020-21 will take place the week of Percussion Camp. This is currently scheduled for July 13-17. However, please note that with the uncertainty of the Covid-19 situation and the possibility of schools remaining closed, all dates on the Eagle Pride Summer Calendar are tentative. The exercises required can be found on the Band Website at: http://www.okaloosa.k12.fl.us/niceville/band/drumline2017.htm
We are still awaiting direction from the District regarding auditions/tryouts for flags and majorettes. When this information is released, we will publish our instructions on our Band Website at NHSEaglePride.com.
Additional Information Regarding Eagle Pride Auditions
- Because of the situation with Covid-19 and the uncertainty of how/when school will reopen AND the complexity that brings to our normal audition/placement process, we are going to reconfigure Varsity and Concert Bands for next year.
- Instead of two leveled bands, we are going to have two EQUAL bands of roughly the same instrumentation and ability. For the 2020-21 school year the groups will be called the Maroon Band and White Band respectively. This will allow more flexibility in both instruction and management of these two ensembles. The groups will be team taught by multiple directors.
- There will be little or no change with Symphonic Winds or Wind Ensemble. We will continue with roughly the same instrumentations as we have used in the past and the groups will be populated by audition based on the criteria previously announced.
- Incoming 9th graders and transfer students who desire to earn spots in Symphonic Winds or Wind Ensemble MUST complete and submit the audition requirements.
- Submission of the requirements does not guarantee a student a spot in one of these two ensembles. Students who are not selected for Symphonic Winds or Wind Ensemble will be placed in Maroon Band or White Band.
- Any student who does not submit the audition requirements will be placed in either the Maroon Band or White Band.
- Note that, as stated in the General Audition Requirements (revised) 2020-21: “Spring auditions will determine class and chair placement for the following school year. Fall auditions will determine chair placement within classes for 2nd Semester. Any movement between ensembles at the semester will depend on available flexibility in the campus wide master schedule.”
- Returning students have already received instructions regarding submitting the audition requirements via their existing Google Classroom assignments.
Submission of Audition for 2020-21 - This link is the instructions for the final online "Assignment/Quiz" and the method of auditioning for next year. Note" this does NOT include: New Students/Transfers, Flags, Majorettes, and Drum Line (for placement on Battery Instruments.) Information will be posted here when an announcement is made as to when/how those Tryouts will be conducted.
Audition Information and Prepared Etudes for the 2020-21 School Year have been posted. Follow the Audition/Tryout Requirement link in the "Additional Links Below" menu to the left of this page.
Information for the Eagle Pride "Online Classroom"
"Welcome Letter" regarding Online Instruction
"Join a class as a Student" instructions from Google Classroom
Instructions for How to Enroll (Class Codes) and Submit Assignments
Online Assignments March 30 - April 15
Slides from Trip Town Hall Meeting 3/2
Trip Committment Form
Raise some $ Dough $
Eagle Pride Donut fundraiser- Twin Cities Donut Shop
Information Sheet - Order Form
Super 50/50 Donation Drawing
Our Super 50/50 Donation drawing is happening now! The tickets are a donation of $5 each or 5 for a donation of $20. Please see your favorite Eagle Pride Band member to purchase tickets and help them raise money for their December 2020 performance trip! The drawing will be held at the Jazz Dinner on April 24, so be sure to get your tickets before then! You do not need to be present at the drawing to win.
If you are a Band family and need more tickets to sell, contact Joan Martin via text at 850-543-3039 to arrange.
Audition Results Spring Semester 2020
Varsity Band - Concert Band - Symphonic Winds